(Photo credit: anitapeppers)
Saying ‘I love you’ for the first time can be daunting. What if they don’t feel the same?
But, just because you are worried that you partner doesn’t feel the same, it doesn’t mean you should wait around to say it – if you love them, tell them.
There is no need to wait for a special occasion to tell your significant other how much they mean to you. Bring some love into your relationship with these creative, everyday ways to say ‘I love you’.
- Make your partner a mix tape. Or, a mix CD or playlist. Whilst this may seem a little cheesy, a mix tape is the perfect way to tell someone how much you care about them. Fill the CD or playlist with all of their favourite songs or songs that remind you of your time with them.
- Take a bubble bath together. Fill the tub with warm water and lots of bubbles, place scented candles around the room and spend the evening relaxing. To make it even more romantic, why not share some Prosecco whilst you soak?
- Make your significant other breakfast-in-bed. There is nothing nicer than being treated to a delicious breakfast whilst still in bed.
- Go star gazing together. Pack up some blankets and head to the beach for a night of stargazing. Spend the evening telling your partner how much they mean to you. For some added romance, you could also pack a bottle of sparkling wine and a box of their favourite chocolates.
- Cook a romantic meal. Instead of going out, stay in for date night and cook your significant other a yummy dinner. It doesn’t have to be anything too posh, just one of their favourite meals. Preparing your partner their favourite dinner shows them that you listen to what they have to say and care enough about them to want to make them happy.
- Book a night away at a local hotel. Whilst you may not have time to get away properly, why not book a night in a swanky local hotel instead? It might be close to home, but any hotel is perfect for a romantic evening in.
- Buy them flowers. Pop to your local florist and order your significant other a bunch of flowers. Don’t just opt for roses, mix it up a little bit and choose some flowers that mean strong – make her realise that your relationship is strong and long lasting and not just a fling.
- Make pizzas for each other. Spend an evening in making pizzas for each other. Go out and choose all your favourite toppings, and then spend the night baking pizzas for one another. To show how much your partner means to you, you could always make them a heart shaped pizza…
- Have a movie day. Spend all day at the weekend in bed together watching movies. You can talk, eat snacks and just chill out together.
- Get tickets for a concert. Buy tickets to a concert that your significant other would love to see. Treat them to dinner and drinks beforehand and then spend the night singing and dancing along with each other.
- Give each other massages. Spend an evening in giving each other massages. To make the evening more romantic, light scented candles and open a bottle of champagne. Don’t forget the massage oil.
- Make food for your partner. If you know your significant other is crazy about something, try making it for them. Spend a day baking all their favourite treats for them, before taking them to their place in the evening.