We all know the feeling. You’ve finally had enough of your job. It’s time to leave. But, you’re starting to wonder whether your current career is even the right path for you. Sure, marketing seemed like a sensible choice, but it’s slowly draining your passion and will to live! Perhaps it’s time for a big change. Maybe it’s time to try something you’ve never done before. Here are some ideas.
Yes, you can play video games for a living (photo source)
- Blogging – “You can’t blog for a living!” is most people’s reaction to this idea. The truth is you can make a good living from blogging. Create a website, monetise it with adverts and affiliate links. It’s certainly not easy, but it’s definitely possible.
- Food Taster – If only you could spend all day eating your favourite foods. Luckily, this job really does exist. They probably prefer the more professional name, ‘food scientist’. But their role is to taste and approve all food for the market. Those lucky ice-cream testers!
- Inventor – Who needs bosses? Why not just work for yourself? Create a business. Invent a new product! Become the mad scientist you always dreamed of becoming. Seriously though, if you’ve had a bright idea, try and turn it into a real product. Even Apple had to start somewhere!
- Tour Guide – If you love travelling, and have a passion for a certain activity, why not combine the two? Head out to your favourite country, and teach something new. You could be a ski instructor in Switzerland. Or a surf guide in Australia. Or organise a jungle trek guide in Borneo. It’s the perfect way to get the life you always wanted.
- Tattoo Artist – It’s not easy to find a job out there for artists and creative people. Fortunately, there is one awesome job that lets you unleash your creativity… On other people’s skin! There are tattoo schools in every country. Find one close by, and get qualified.
- Author – Everyone has a good book inside them. We all see the world from a slightly different perspective, giving every single person a unique angle. Use your past experience to show the world in a new light.
- Toy maker – Is there a happier job in the whole world? We think not. There are very real toy workshops, just like the North Pole. Well, not exactly like the North Pole. But as close as you can get.
- Video Game Maker – Calling all geeks! There is an awesome job out there for you in a video game studios. You could be an animator, story-writer, or sound designer.
- Blimp Pilot – Blimps needs someone to fly them, just like planes. It’s a great way to spend a lazy afternoon floating across the skies.
- Environmentalist – If there’s one issue that will dominate the next 50 years, it’s environmentalism. Start your campaign for a better world!
- Charity Worker – You’ll get to see the world, and help some of the world’s most underprivileged people. It’s one of the most rewarding careers out there.
- Helicopter Pilot – Well, you can’t fly blimps all day.
You don’t have to put up with your 9-5! Find something you love. Get creative. Good luck!